Tuesday 9 April 2019

Our Marae trip Recount

             Marae Recount
This is a recount on what we did at the Arahura Marae I am going to talk about the powhiri process

         Powhiri process

When we had arrived at the marae we all standard out by the gate, we had to sing Honore for them to welcome us onto the Marae when we had finished singing the song Honore they opened the gates and started welcoming us on they were welcoming us on in Maori so I could not understand what they were saying when they had finishing welcoming us on Miss Ireland started saying stuff in Maori so I could not understand what she was saying. When we got in side they said there Mihi and then we had to hongi them I didn't like that process we gave them a gift of a check of money.
So this is one thing what we did at the Marae! personally I did not like it so I would not recommend it for others.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.