Sunday 23 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey Week 2 Day One , Activity 1,2 and 3



Activity 1 Week Two Day One, Summertime
Learning Intention: For this activity, please take a picture of yourself doing one of your favourite summer activities. It could be anything! Here is a picture of one of our team members (Laura) doing one of her favourite summer activities.


 
                                                  This is me riding my motorbike.

This is me riding my Honda CRF 80 motorbike. I love riding it in the summer time. Riding my motorbike is my favourite summertime activity because  it is fun to slide around the gravely corners dropping down into first gear and opening the throttle with high revs.

Activity 2 Week Two Day One, Support Crew
Learning Intention: On your blog, list the three people you would like to have on your Lake Taupo Cycle Race Support Crew. Tell us why you have chosen each person.


Three people I would want to have on my support crew are David, Ethan and Cailan.


I would want to have David on my support crew because he is very experienced with biking.



I would want to have Ethan on my support crew because he is very funny so he will make me laugh if I have hurt myself.


I would want to have Cailan on my support crew because he is fast at mounting biking and very good at it.




Activity 3 Week Two Day One ,True Or False Learning Intention: On your blog, write out each fact and in CAPITAL LETTERS beside the fact, write the word ‘TRUE’ if it is a true fact or ‘FALSE’ if it is not true.

True or False?


1: THE OLDEST KNOWN FISH IN THE WORLD IS A 65 YEAR OLD AUSTRALIAN LUNGISH. FALSE
2: SHARKS ARE THE ONLY FISH THAT HAVE EYELIDS. TRUE
3: STARFISH ARE A TYPE OF FISH. FALSE
4: FISH COMMUNICATE WITH EACH OTHER BY MAKING LOW-PITCHED SOUNDS (MOANS,HISSES, ETC). FALSE
5: FISH USUALLY SWIM TOGETHER IN GROUPS CALLED 'CLASSES'. FALSE

5 comments:

  1. Hiya Jack, Its Jennae. I loved the photo of you you included with your favourite summer activity it looks perfecional. When you listed 3 people you would like to have on your Lake Taupo support crew you written some good reasons for each person, ka pai! On your favourite summertime activity with your motorbike there was a spelling mistake saying "it is fun to slide around the gravel corners drooping down into first gear," is the word drooping mean't to be dropping?
    Would you like to do the Lake Taupo Race? why/why not. Out of the facts with true and false what fact did you not know at all?

    Well done Jack!
    Jennae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennae, thank you for your positive comment. Yes the word drooping is mean't to say dropping I will fix that straight away. Yes I would want to do the Lake Taupo Race because I have never been there before and I think I am up for the challenge.
    A fact I did not know at all was the fact 2 out sharks having eyelids. I thought sharks didn't blink at all and kept their eyes open so I thought this fact was very interesting to me.
    How are you going with the Summer Learning Journey, do you think it is easy or difficult? Why/ why not?
    Would you like to do the Lake Taupo Race as well? why or why not?
    Thank you again for the comment.
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jack, its Jennae here again. I think I am doing really good with the Summer Learning Journey I am so close to the end of week three! There are some activities that can be hard but I do finish them and other I can finish really easy. When I set my mind to things I want to do I achieve them super fast.
      How are you going with the Summer Learning Journey?
      Yes I would like to do the Lake Taupo Race because I love to bike. Right now if I want to go somewhere I bike. I enjoy biking a lot so I think I am up for this race.
      Thanks for the reply Jack!
      Jennae

      Delete
    2. Hi Jennae its Jack here, I am finding the summer learning journey pretty tricky for my first time. I am enjoying it as well and I like being challenged. I am now up to week two day four.
      From Jack

      Delete
  3. Hi Jack

    What a great photo of you on your motorbike. You really do look like you are enjoying yourself. Do you compete at competitions on your bike or do you just ride at home or at the beach?
    If you do compete, where have you been to do this?

    You have chosen three really good people to support you on your crew for the race. It is always really good to have someone with experience on the team. They will be a very valuable member to have.
    It is great to be able to have fun also. And someone that can keep you motivated and have fun sound like the best person to have. Sounds like the three plus you would make a perfect team. Now you just need to go and compete in an event.

    It is great to read some of the facts about the fish.I think it is quite funny that they tried to trick you with saying they swim in classes instead of schools. Everyone knows that one!

    Well done with all of these three activities you are doing a great job Jack. I hope that your holiday is going well and that you are having a fun time.

    Good work

    Until next time

    Allie :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.