Monday 31 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey Week Two Day Three, Activity 1,2 and 3

Activity 1 Week Two Day Three
Learning Intention: On your blog, tell us whether you are a night owl or an early riser. Then, tell us about the rest of your family. Are they the same as you? .

Kia Ora , ko Jack toku ingoa ( Hi my name is Jack). I am the youngest boy sibling out of four. I am a night owl as well as my older brother Jayden and my dad Graeme. We are night owls because mostly every night us three are up unitl like 1:30 to 2:00 each night to morning in the garage helping my dad. If you read my posts you are probably sick of me writing that I help my dad fix motorbikes and car a lot but it is true that's what us boys do.

One thing, although my dad is a night owl he is also a early riser because he wakes often every morning around 5:30am and goes to his work.

My older sister Jennae is a night owl as well. Jennae is a night owl because she is always up until 11:00pm doing her school work like this the Summer Learning Journey(by the way, she is so obsessed with), and she likes to read at night as well. Jennae can wake up some mornings early but mostly around 10:30am so she is still a night owl.

6
My second older sister Kayla and my mother (Glenda) are both early risers. These two are both early risers because my sister and mother go to the same work place and wake up every morning around 7:00am and leave around 9:15am to go to work.

So as you can tell we are all different in our own ways but these can somethings change as well to the opposite.



Activity 2 Week Two Day Three Learning Intention:For this activity, please choose a favourite food and find a recipe for it.



On your blog, share a list of the ingredients that you need to make this food. You must type out the list of ingredients yourself (and not simply copy and paste it from a website) to earn full points.

Ingredients:

-6 tablespoons of butter
-2lbs of chicken breasts, cut into chunks
-1 yellow onion, diced
-3 garlic cloves, minced
-1 tablespoon of garam masala
-1 tablespoon of fresh grated ginger
-1 tablespoon of chili powder
-1 teaspoon of ground cumin
-1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
-1 1/2 cups of tomato sauce
- 2 cups of cream
-Salt and pepper
-lime and cilantro
-naan and rice for serving
Recipe
1) To start off your butter chicken recipe you need to add your two tablespoons of butter into a large
skillet pan over medium-high heat and let it melt. Then put your chicken into a pan and then brown each side of your chicken. Don't do altogether work in batches if you like and then set a side.
2) Next melt another two tablespoons of butter and in a pan at medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until it begins to soften(2-3 minutes). Then add the garlic, garam masala, ginger, chili powder, cumin and your cayenne pepper. Then stir to combine and then cook around 40-50 second and then add your tomato sauce.
3) Thirdly bring the mixture to a simmer and let is cook for five minutes before adding your cream. next bring the mixture back to a simmer again, add the browned chicken and let simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. Keep the heat low at this stage not a boil.
4) Stir the remaining two tablespoons of butter and then sprinkle some salt and pepper for the taste.
5) Serve butter chicken with the lime and cilantro along with the rice and naan.

Activity 3 Week Two Day Three
Learning Intention: Let’s imagine that the average adult can lift 25 kg and the average child can lift 15 kg. How many adults and children will it take to move the giant squid into its new room at Te Papa? [Note: There is more than one right answer to this question.]
On your blog, tell us how you will solve this maths problem. You can write your answer in words, use a Sketchpad image or post a video explaining how you would figure it out. Be sure to give us your final answer. .

To figure out how much adults you will need to lift the 500 kg squid you can figure it out by going 500 divided by 25 and get the answer 20 or you can go 20x 25 equals 500. So you will need 20 adults to lift a 500 kg squid. Next to figure out how much children you need to lift a 500kg squid you can go 15 multiply what would be 500 which equals 33.3333333 or you can go 500 divided by 15 which equals 33.3333333 as well.

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Jack!
    Well done on a fabulous blog post!

    Activity 1
    WOW, This is such a great post! I can imagine just how busy your house is! Both morning and night! I love that you help your Dad fix motorbikes and cars. My uncle in Queenstown also purchases old cars and broken cars, he fixes them up and sells them for profit. I think this is such a productive hobby! Go you!

    Activity 2
    OH MY GOSH YUM! I love butter chicken. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful recipe. This has made me quite hungry! I love eating butter chicken with garlic naan! Have you ever tried naan? I’ve never tried to cook butter chicken myself! I have had it at restaurants HEAPS of times. Maybe I will try recreating your recipe!

    Activity 3
    I love how you included all of the possible answers! You are doing an amazing job! I hope I am never in a position where I have to carry a 500kg squid! Although squid rings are super delicious! I always thought squids were just a bit bigger than jellyfish… Boy was I wrong haha.

    You should be really proud of your blog! I am always looking forward to hear from you.


    Keep up the creativity and hard work
    He Whetu Koe! (You’re a star!)
    Hasiba

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.