Thursday 14 June 2018

My Planet Writing.

Create and Describe Your Own Planet -
Description writing task
Term 2 Weeks 5-6


Purpose of this piece of writing is to:


Learning Intentions
I am learning to use language features to make my writing
interesting and engaging for the reader.
I am learning to use topic-specific vocabulary.
I am learning to include Te Reo Māori words in my writing.


I will be successful when I can show….
-I have used some language features to make my writing
interesting and engaging (simile, metaphor, alliteration,
onomatopoeia, rhyme)
-I have carefully chosen some topic specific words to include in
my writing.
-I have used some Te Reo Māori


Focus


We are continuing to look at descriptive writing. This week you are writing a descriptive piece of writing
to promote your imaginary planet. You aim is to convince people to move to your planet. You want your
writing to allow the reader to be able to imagine what it is like on your planet.


First, we will look at an excerpt of a video describing the moon from the Avatar movie.
Click here to get to video= Pandora.


Second, we will discuss together what you will need in your work to make it successful and look at how
to plan our work. Then you will plan your work and check with a teacher before you start writing.


Third, do your piece of writing.

Fourth, complete you piece of writing. Remember to proof-read (check spelling and punctuation) and
edit (does it make sense? do you need to change any sentences?) yourself and with a buddy and fill in
your self and peer-assessment. Check it with a teacher.



My writing



Plutanium

Plutanium is an Earth like planet that is three times the  size of Jupiter and
orbits in the same line as Plutorious. It takes one Ao (Earth) year for it to
orbit the sun the sun is very hot on plutanium.

Plutanium is the identical twin of Plutorious they have their own solar system
its called Plutoranious.
Plutanium is a tropical planet that has teal coloured water which is just as
warm as a bath.

Plutanium has dinosaurs like Earth use to have. The people that live on the
planet are mutants. They are friendly and not scary. The mutants breathe
oxygen like us humans and they are very strong like hulk.

The planet Plutanium is made out of rock and precious metals. It is found
in the middle of the Milky way galaxy. Plutanium has 35 Marama (moons)
and if you look up at night you will see all 35 moons that cover the sky.

The only way to get to Plutanium is in a gold and silver rocket ship called
Bullet 2, 4, 6.

By Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.